Monday, July 26, 2010

Arguing over shampoo bottles.?

Please give your honest opinion. My husband get very annoyed when I leave shampoo, body wash, and other containers ';open'; in the shower. He says they can fall over and spill out, or water can get it. It's a pet peeve with him, and we've had lots of arguments over this.





I find it hard to open some bottles after they're closed, especially with wet hands. They hurt your fingers! Besides, I've just got the flip cap open, and just a bit. It's not that I take the whole cap off and leave the bottles completely open so you can stick your fingers in.





I've stayed over at many friends' houses with...guess what?...open shampoo bottles. It hardly seems like a big deal. Apparently everyone does it.





Does anyone think he's being ridiculous? Or am I being childish and irresponsible? Is this something worth arguing about? Saying (in a fairly mad way) I can tell when you've been taking a shower, all the bottles are open!)





Do you leave your shampoo bottles open, or closed?





Thanks!Arguing over shampoo bottles.?
Get the pump style containers. Even if you have to buy them separately and put your product inside. Problem solved!





As for arguing over this, it doesn鈥檛 speak all that well for your relationship to not be able to resolve this amicably or without upsetting each other. Hopefully you two will learn to respect each other鈥檚 differences and remember that each of you are going to have to make adjustments to live together harmoniously. Just remember, you may not get everything you want, just as long as you get what you need.Arguing over shampoo bottles.?
I'm not really sure. I think if the cap flips all the way back, I probably close them, but if it just raises up about a quarter inch so the cap is tilted I leave it tilted. It would only bother me if the cap came completely off.





Is it worth arguing about? No. I'd just close the caps if it bothers him that much. Then when he does something that annoys you, you can remind him that you now close the caps so could he please do ';this'; for you.
I hate open containers in the bath area or anywhere else in the house, because yes, they get knocked over accidentally and make a mess that I have to waste my precious time cleaning up. Have you ever had to clean up shampoo from a shower or bathtub? Its not an easy chore.





In fact I'm so picking about this that I habitually screw back the cap on soda bottles that I'm drinking, every time after I take a sip.
there is something else that is gnawing him


as arguing over a friggin shampoo bottle,


and what is he too lazy to close them while he is there?


i can see if you wrecked his newly bought Ferrari Enzo, that worth arguing even killing for and maybe even justifiable in court, but a shampoo bottle


your man has got some issues


either OCD or something else is bugging him, it sounds like the classic socks on the floor gateway argument, in that the socks are not the issue, something else is
Close them. You seriously get in arguments over this though? Maybe he just thinks you can't even listen to a small thing and it pisses him off because of that. The small things just annoy the crap out of us. We are detail oriented most the time. I have never seen people leave the bottles open. I don't want it to get all funky either. It hurts your fingers? Where did this guy find you anyways?
I leave mine closed!


I wouldn't like that either if someone left them open.


It just looks messy, I'm a perfectionist though and everything has to be perfect to me.


Just close the bottles, I'm sure that it really bothers him if he's said something about it, if it didn't, he wouldn't have said something to you.


You would be surprised how much the small things can really bother someone.


If it's that hard, get Aussie, they have the pump kind. Problem solved =)
I don't use your type of shampoo bottles, my shampoo bottle is the one when you press and it comes out... well, i hate it when my sister dont put on the cap of the toothpaste... can't blame your husband though... well, if your husband doesn't likes it, try to keep the caps on, it's more organized in a way
I close them. What's wrong with opening the flip caps before you get into the shower, and closing them when you are done? If it's that important to him, why not accommodate him? There are much more important things in life - and if you wanted him to do something, you'd want him to listen to you. It makes for a happy marriage.
Wow that's a ridiculous thing to fight about. Would having your own shampoo and conditioner bottles, seperate from his, help the situation? That way if you guys keep your own toiletries seperate, he can keep his bottles closed and you can keep yours open. That way everyone's happy
WOW! Thats a pet peeve of mine to! I hate seeing open containers all over the place! And when I take a shower... I find no difficulty opening a shampoo or whatever you use bottle. Maybe you have really sensitive fingers....? Perhaps before you go to bathe you could open the shampoo bottles and then when you are done you could close them?
Your not using your head to think with, there's a very simple solution to solve your problem. Its not worth the argument.


They make dispensers for the shower, take a moment to please him and at the same time you'll have the amenities you need at hand. Both will be happy in the long run.





Mine are closed.
I can see your husband's point because they can leak, but so what! No one's going to get hurt over it. I leave mine open too for the same reasons you stated. Just tell him to get over it because you're going to leave them open. Not to hurt his feelings, but for the reasons you stated.
i see where you both are coming from...


some shampoo and soap bottles hurt my fingers..


but i do hate when someone in my family keeps it open and it drops and it all spills out...





i guess but soap that isnt hard to open lol....there really is no solution if you both like it your way
Rather than offer an answer I am going to offer a solution - why don't the two of you have your own shampoo in the shower? That way he can keep his closed and doesn't have to worry about you leaving them open, etc.
i want to leave my shampoo bottles open too. it hurts my finger when i open them because i have really really long nails. but i still close them because my aunt would get mad and tell this and that and blah blah blah. so id better be closing it.
I totally see your point and I totally see his point.


Compromise..........use shampoo that has a pump on it.





Shampoo and Conditioner at Costco. Big bottles with a pump. No open lids, no chance of ';spills';.





Good luck.
Tell him to GROW up and deal with it!!





Unless he has OCD then wtffff





OMFG... :/





THIS IS DEFFINATELY NOT SOMETHING WORTH ARGUING ABOUT!!!!!





There are people dying all over the world of hunger, who couldn't afford the shampoo we have if they wanted to...
I think you are both ridiculous. Go find a pump bottle and put your shampoo in that then you can both be happy.
OMG this is stupid. You need to tell him to go to Lowes and buy the container that you dispense in so he will stop his crying. And you married him knowing he is like this????????????
If this is the biggest issue in your marriage......consider yourselves very lucky. Now go kiss and make up with your husband.
that is just a really stupid thing to argue about. btw i close mine but thats just cause im anal about everything being just right lol, but it still wouldnt bother me if they were left open
I don't even pay that much attention to it so im guessing i leave them open! flip caps wont pour out if left open! I dont know certain things bug certain people! Not worth arguing about!
Look here woman close them caps quit leaving them open lol
Oh God, you have an OCD man on your hands. My suggestion- start buying your own shampoo and conditioner and tell him not to worry about what happens with your products.
closed but i understand ur problemo
i leave them closed
I close mine, but only because I leave them upside down. A pet peeve is a pet peeve and is his to have, but no I do not think you are being childish. You argument is reasonable, there are certain bottles that hurt my fingers as well, like the one on the face wash. I do have to say though that water does tend to get into even slightly opened bottles, but only if you put in a place where water falls. My best advice is to buy containers with screw on lids and transfer your shampoo and conditioner. There is no use in arguing over something the has such a simple fix. :)
my husband and I both leave our bottles closed


(I've never talked to him about it because I've never thought of it before,


so I don't know why he closes them


however I always close them because I don't like water getting in the bottle)





I do think it is a bit of a silly thing for you both to argue about





wasting precious time on something so trivial


you could instead be spending quality time showing affection to one another


there are so many simpler solutions than arguing:


1- you could switch to a bottle that is easier to open with slippery hands


2- you could get two separate bottles of each item:


one set of bottles for you to leave open and one set of bottles for him to keep closed


3- you could open all the bottles before you shower and close them after you shower


(so you don't have to struggle to open them with slippery hands and


he doesn't have to get upset when they are left open)
I close mine and I'm with him, why can't you just close them? It takes a mere second to close something after you open it. We have four kids and I have had to clean up spills both in and out of the tub from bottles left open. I find it annoying and wasteful.





Maybe he's more like me? lol...I've been accused of having OCD when it comes to stuff like this :|





Unlike your husband, I don't complain (often....I have gone off a few times) I just go around closing bottles (and open cabinet doors, drawers, cereal boxes, jars...I just realized...maybe this is why I'm tired? lol)





You might find it ridiculous but apparently, he doesn't. When you live with other people, compromise is a must.
hey, once i got into a huge fight with my boyfriend OVER THE LETTER E! yes yes, so i know stupid fights. well i cant say either of you are right, since some of my bottles i keep open for the reasons you say, and other ones i keep closes. i think the best way to resolve it is to get pumps for your products, so he cant complain! its also easier and you dont drop the bottle ;] you can buy the pumps at and sally's beauty store, thats where i got mine.
I prefer them to be closed, as I don't like it when water gets into the containers. That said, I can understand how bickering over little differences like that might become maddening. May I suggest a compromise? Pick up a shower dispenser that you can put the shampoo, conditioner and soap in. Then you'll both be happy. You fill the dispenser, then push a button to dispense whichever product you want. That way no water will get into the products and they won't spill, which will make your husband happy. Dispensing the products will be as simple as pushing a button so there won't be any containers to open, which will make you happy. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:


http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.鈥?/a>
  • makeup powder
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment